4.17.2013

work and new caanan and conference and stuff



work: 
last week (darn it, this is now two weeks ago) was pretty eventful. gave blood, organized my heart out, and threw a birthday party for all of our fake test patients since their pretend birthday is april 4, 1944. 
(this also happened to be my one year vecnaversary!! ..so i just pretended the party was for myself)
(and also the company truck was being used so my dear work friend tim offered to take me to the store to get everything. he does all the facility work for our company and dresses like my dad and poses for the camera like my dad too so i rather enjoy him)



last week awarded some nice temple time which i appreciated. i love driving up route 2 and seeing the temple majestically placed in front of the sunset. it is always my favorite. 

new caanan: a few girls headed south to natalie's home in connecticut for conference weekend and were met by this handsome devil...just like this haha

in between conference sessions on saturday we went to do a little window shopping in the very quaint downtown new caanan. every time we walked by the sign below our eyes did tricks on us and we all thought britches was a different word and thought it was a bit weird to have a name like that in such a classy place haha. 



"this better be the only wedding card i ever give you" = so funny to me.

crepes!

that night we headed to stew leonard's (do we all remember stew leonard's?) and everyone was really excited to experience the world's largest dairy store. 

sunday was lovely. 
it was nice to be in a real home for conference but probably wasn't the best idea for us to sit on comfortable couches and chairs while watching..
because this had a tendency of happening

i wasn't exempt.
just another reason to re-read/watch the talks later i guess!



the next day my cute grandpa turned 90 years old! he doesn't hear very well and doesn't have the internet or a cell phone so i sent my aunt a screenshot of an instagram shout out for him to see.  hopefully it wasn't too confusing for him. (and the picture to the right was sent to me over the weekend, they were loving life so much!)

instead of being with my grandpa for his birthday i got to hang out with natalie and these fun after school friends. we tried to get them to make paper robots and these pictures might make it seem like they enjoyed it but that would be a facade. it was more like:

- "this is too hard I HATE THIS"

- "all my pieces are blowing away (proceeds to shove the rest on the ground), i'm outta here i'm goin home this is stupid"

- "why you guys makin us cut out these stupid robots at this park where all of our friends are playing basketball? WHY DO YOU LIKE TORTURING US? "

ah, the joys of service. 



1 comment:

brynne frei said...

"slight addictions temple" hahahaha and hooray for blog surprise! i check it errrry day. and the misreading of the sign is especially funny with "family" written right above.