6.30.2010

i love you sumner.

not to be confused with summer. whom i also love.


a few weeks ago i went to see my sister in sumner, washington. i usually just say seattle but i didn't even venture to that part this time so i feel like a liar if i say it. but it is close to seattle and just as magical.


i was thinking this post wouldn't happen for weeks and weeks but by some stroke of luck i got bit by the adenoviral keratitis bug which basically attacked my neck and face and everything inside it and is goober contagious so even though i feel a bit better, i still cant be around the babies for a bit. so instead of being an awesome efy all star, i'm blogging. i feel really good at life right now..not. 


first off, lets talk about how cute this little guy is. everyone, meet cardston. 
nat hated this bush way bad so she just started hacking away at it one day
babies bein so helpful
all of my sisters tots. just waiting for their ice cream after seeing some crazy show. furry frenzy i believe? dont even know.
hat look familiar? we really did have a tea party thanks to a great lady named iris in nat's ward. she has like 200 hats and she basically lives in a dollhouse.
..it was one of the better moments of my life.
you better believe how obsessed i was with this orange wall so me and my babies had a mini photoshoot in front of it. we all just woke up so don't judge the nappy hair and day old make up.
you knew it would happen.
my new favorite quote.....and my new favorite mormon stickers.
and this one seemed to fit perfectly with my love life. just kidding. but i always joke with my brother in laws about hitting up scouting jamborees and checking out the deacons passing the sacrament because somehow i just always date the babies. aaaaand this next photo would be my dad being obsessed with these inspirational lds "verses" if you will. he really bought that book and he really did love it. 
i hit up some way magical boutiques while there and found one with a fifty percent off sale! i accidentally threw down about 100 dollars on some vintage clothing and other goodies. that dress above was my favorite find of the day but sadly, if i turned around you would see that it would not zip up over my rib cage. i did want to take note of it though and let you all know that it would have been the greatest 12 dollar find if i had just a few ribs removed. maybe next time. 
we ate asian food!!! i felt so so so happy and it was delicious. agh. i miss my people and their food.
i introduced yo gabba gabba to my emma lee and cardston and they LOVED it. we sat and watched clips from it for a good 30 to 40 minutes. i felt just as happy, thank you ashlie for introducing me to this eye candy. in case you missed it when i posted it on facebook, this is my favorite one.  
the next photo would be my niece and i (who is obsessed with lightning mcqueen and wears lm underwear every single day) tried learning the orientation dance for efy that i was in charge of last week. sadly, she learned it way faster and better than i did. 
like i said, my sister hated that bush. and now it is gone. bye bye bush. 
braylee got the xili!!! i.e. she was baptized. this was actually the whole reason i went to visit so thanks to her for turning 8. 
the fammmmm.
after the baptism we were so inspired by asia that we came home and i fixed up some asian delights for my family. so i'm sorry. no, i dont do cupcakes. but i do asia pretty dang good. and ps my sister has the cutest house ever, sorry for the lack of photos to prove it. 
and here is the classy "i was on the airplane and just couldnt help taking a picture of the view" photo. hey. i couldnt. 


5 comments:

Unknown said...

i love your vintage find. but not worth the removal of your lovely ribs. looks like a magical trip, i LOVE washington!!!

Kelly Jean said...

Ah! I absolutely adore that dress. So darling. And oh my gosh, I want to go frolicking around on those clouds. Nice capture!

Sabrina Wang said...

i love you Megan!

Zaundra and Grant said...

Yes I found your blog. Hooray! I can stalk your wonderful life much more intimately now. Loves

AmyK said...

What a fun bunch of pictures!! I don't think I've ever been to Sumner; I rarely venture north :)