1.30.2012

hi again.

first i just wanted to say thank you to everyone who contacted me in one way or another after my last post, your concern and love means so much to me. i keep feeling like perhaps i was too dramatic (even though i tried not to be) and i've almost deleted it a few times out of discomfort of people knowing i don't have feelings of steel and that sometimes i let things get to me but it is good to feel vulnerable sometimes. it keeps me humble :) ..with that being said i just want everyone who was concerned to know that i really am fine! the last two days have actually been really good. yesterday i was with nice church friends for the better part of the day and today two of my roommates and i went and did some things together. it has felt different since i wrote that post, perhaps it is the whole attitude change thing? who knows. but i'm sure anyone who read my mission emails or have listened to any dramatic story i've ever told knows - i'm pretty good at making a big deal over things that eventually blow over. so without further ado, let's talk about something else! 

as i've already mentioned, a week ago today i moved out of my first sublet. before leaving we all watched a few episodes of law and order svu together which mary (you remember my new friend mary right?) actually suggested we do. i think she just knew suggesting it would thrill me to no end, which it did. it was a great way to end our roommateship haha. after our mini marathon grace and dave helped me move to my new place (which i have no idea how i would have done without them! they are definitely my boston angels).


as i walked up the stairs that night i stopped to admire this family picture on their wall and then something caught my eye:

anyone recognize that pretty lady on the right? i know who she is from her "i'm a mormon" video but some of you might know her as the famous 71 toes blogger? after doing some simple research/creeping i figured out i am staying in her sister's house! it never ceases to amaze me how small this world is.

by the next morning i had everything put away and have never felt happier to have my own space and a place to put everything! i really thought i would just have to bum around other people's places and live out of my suitcases until march 1st, so finding this place to sublet was a serious tender mercy.


i even feel happy about the pictures of babies left on the walls and my make shift desk i am typing on at this very moment and the kitchen stool i'm using to sit on and the fact that i'm wearing a beanie and scarf because it is freezing haha. if you would have told me two months ago that i would be living in massachusetts and staying in a 7 year old's room and doing all the things i've been doing, i would have laughed at you. life is pretty unpredictable but i guess that is what makes it so nice.


..if you would like to see the rest of the house i found my roommates blog.
they made a post all about it here

No comments: