3.01.2012

dear blogary,

kind of like diary?
but i don't feel like uploading pictures so here is a photobooth gem that i just took one minute ago. 

one of the best parts about being unemployed is days like this. honestly a lot of times i just feel stressed that i have yet to find work but on days when it is freezing outside, the wind is crazy, and it won't stop snow/raining - i feel great about it. while everyone else has real things to do (forcing them to go outside) i get to still be in my sweats, enjoy hearing the bad weather out my window, read and do other relaxing things, and finally drink some of the apple cider my mom sent me (why in the world would boston not sell that stuff?).  granted, i will be beyond thrilled when employment finally occurs (so will my savings account) but i just need to enjoy the situation i'm in because heaven knows the day will come when all my job dreams will come true and i will look back fondly on the days where i didn't have to go to work and be a real adult. so even though part of me feels like i should have guilty feelings about days like this, the other part of me decides to love it instead. 

i just moved (again) and this time it is real! no more sublets, this baby room is all mine until september. i was feeling really stressed about the move and how small the room is but to my surprise all my things fit very nicely in the closet (which kind of feels as big as the room) and i don't have near as many things as the last girl so it feels a lot bigger and the room is actually quite the perfect size! i'll post pictures eventually, or you can just look what is behind me in the picture above and you will get the general idea.  big thanks to grace and new roommates for making the move go smoothly! grace's vehicle was completely full of stuff, how i've already accumulated so many things i will never know. 

it turns out i like drama. embarrassing, i know. am i 17 still? usually i have had enough of it in my own life but as of late i feel good about my relationships with friends and family and pretty much every bridge i've managed to burn over the years has been mended in some way or another so my life feels pretty drama free. it should be noted that i also haven't watched law and order svu since the last time i talked about it because it stresses me out. this has caused me to turn to the bachelor. that show/ben is the worst! but i must say with just a few episodes it has successfully fulfilled my drama needs so i appreciate you for reminding me this show existed and you for your insightful (haha) recaps.  and i appreciate you, bachelor,  for helping me be forever grateful that i was raised to have values and that i'm not gross. 

i feel awkward going from that subject to this one but hey let's talk about the temple! tonight is our ward (baptism) temple night and after calling the temple today i found out that at the boston temple endowed members can go too! since it isn't like that in utah i haven't done baptisms for almost four years so i will definitely be in attendance tonight and feel pretty pumped about it.

aaaaand back to the job search i go.  

2 comments:

Kelly Jean said...

Oooh, good luck with the job hunt! But way to soak up the time of getting to stay at home when it's too cold to go outside ;)

Exciting about the new place! I just love all these fun adventures you're having!

Kimmy said...

Oh Megar I miss you! Loved this post, you are so funny.
Favorite line from Raising Arizona..
You're young, and you've got your health, what would you want with a job? TOTALLY applies to you, haha! I must also say that I am so proud of you for getting away from Law and Order. I'm not a fan of Bachelor AT ALL but that's a little better:). Love you lots and lots sister.