5.03.2012

april, welcome.

aaaand it is may already. 
well after a few months of hanging out at all of boston's hot spots by myself i got a real job! 
being unemployed in the dead of winter was pretty awesome but i am very grateful and happy to be an adult again! kind of sad that I didn't time my unemployment better (i.e. i should have been unemployed in the summer rather than the winter..what was i thinking?) but everything happens for a reason so i'm excited for the opportunities this new job will bring. 


a celebration was definitely in order so roommate maren and i did some grocery shopping at target! i just really wanted a personal pan pizza.

the first weekend in april (i'm just a little behind on blogging) was so nice. john and i went on a little dinner date with grace and dave to a vietnamese restaurant. the food was great but the real highlight for me was this baby watching her ipad the whole time haha 

then we parted ways and headed to see charles strouse SING AND PERFORM ALL OF HIS BROADWAY HITS. i'm talking bye bye birdie and annie medleys people. it was awesome. 

this would be me meeting him afterwards and you can tell from my huge cheek that i was just as happy as he was. he told me i reminded him of his daughter! i appreciated that. 

i'm obsessed with cannoli's these days and want grace and dave to be obsessed too. we picked them up to go on what is becoming a pretty regular occurrence (late night cannoli runs in the north end at bova's, a 24 hour (!) bakery) and i think they liked it! at least baby alta liked it i'm sure. 


we had this great idea of being the easter bunny for my roommates so we went to the nearby grocery store, raided the easter aisle, and then came back to my house to put it all together. my roommates said we really did sound like parents just giggling in my room after telling them they all had to go to bed or the easter bunny wasn't going to come haha. i really loved it so much and wish i could be the easter bunny everyday. i was especially proud of my letter i wrote and the creepy easter bunny picture we found in the paper that definitely made my efforts go from mediocre to awesome. 

and there it is in all it's glory. sick peeps and chocolate bunnies even made their way in that basket!

church was so nice the next day.
this picture isn't very good and it looked way better in real life but i kept staring out that window to see those hot pink blossoms through church and it was so dreamy. everyone gave really thoughtful talks and everything was centered on Christ and the many things he has done for us. all three hours were perfect and i am so grateful for the preparation everyone made to make it such a lovely easter. 

all the pretty blossoms just added to the niceness of the day


i got to spend some quality time with my roommates which i always enjoy

we had a lovely spaghetti dinner

and the easter bunny thing was a big big hit! they loved feeling five again. 

and to top off the day i got this sweet picture of my grandpa (thank you aunt jeri!) about to blow out his candles because easter so happened to be his birthday! happy birthday grandpa! i sure do love you. 

so..the first week in april was a success. hopefully i can blog a little better this month so you can see all the other nice things that happened last month too

2 comments:

brynne frei said...

BIG SUCCESS

Emilya said...

I am glad to see I am not the only one who entertains my child with a little out to eat entertainment! Best trick ever thank you I pads and phones for makin mine and the Asians life a little easier!