8.06.2012

no one is home and there is no tv to watch the olympics so i blog.

beginning of july heyyyyy
oh just me being bored/thinking it would be a good idea to wait for the bus because i hadn't taken it for a few weeks and forgot that it actually is the worst idea always. somehow walking the 1.3 miles to the T is quicker? it is weird. 


found out that the longfellow house (across from our chapel) has sunday afternoon concerts that are free to the public. this one had a harpsichord! i was in 1700's heaven. 


downstairs roommate kallie not only loves to have her calves massaged but she also loves to give yoga cool down demonstrations


favorite time of day to sit in our living room 


one time we went to a fancy restaurant in the north end because i wanted to go to a place with rooftop seating. this place said it had rooftop seating but really it was just a room on the fifth floor that had lots of windows. kind of felt deceived but it was magical anyway. those friends had like seven courses, we couldn't get over it. 


every time we go to mike's pastry we see the "lobster tail" and always think about getting it but then chicken out from fear that we wouldn't like it and then feel depressed that we didn't buy cannoli. 
well. 
it was probably the size of both our heads and was just filled with ricotta/powdered sugar/whipped cream and was delicious yet very rich and kind of made us both sick. the outside parts were crisp which was a pleasant treat so we just broke those off and dipped them into the inside stuff and then tore off all the not crispy parts and threw them away. i recommend this method to any of you thinking about getting your own lobster tail.

then on the way home i found a present in my pants from the dryer! just a little half sheet of fabric softener, just like momma jan does it. ..how did i not notice that all balled up in my calf all day? it is a complete mystery to me. 

one time i ran to zumba and then immediately after went to trader joe's with roommate carrie. i have never felt more like a utah mom than at that moment. 

somebody found a meal they like to make that isn't covered in salt and/or butter/fat!! big day for this girl. 


nice lighting and plums that all got thrown away because i remembered i really don't care for them. definite points to me for trying to branch out though. 


definitely stayed up till like 2am one night to finish kim and becky's pictures because i couldn't take the constant undercurrent of guilt i felt each day i didn't finish them. 

every day when i pass all these bikes i just wish cortina was in there and she never is and it is sad. 

i took a different route home so i would pass the 7-11 for free slurpee day and it was so nice! it took me twice as long to get home because i just kept stopping and admiring everything. 


my attempts at being a healthier girl would be 1. eating more vegetables and 2. running a few times a week (but really just once a week let's be honest)
side note : why did i never learn how to work out in my 25 years of my life? i gotta get on that or when i'm like 40 i can just see myself having the most brittle and sad bones/body ever. 

i gave blood this day for the first time since before my mission! i'm thrilled all of my bad taiwan blood is out of my system but definitely kind of sad all at the same time because that means i haven't been in taiwan for a long long time. i gotta get back there asap!



and for all of you sytycd lovers, tadd finally accepted my friend request on fb

3 comments:

Jan Sollis said...

Your afternoon concert looked like a lot of fun, loved, loved Longfellows house, it was a dream!! That restaurant reminded me of the Della Fontana, that we loved going to, it reminded your Dad of Italy. The lobster tail looked yummy, I would have eaten it just like that, I do it with pies and other pastry's. You are your mother's daughter, hehe. Your plate of food looked so yummy and healthy! Sorry I wasn't there, I would have eaten your plums, so would Karter and Kaitlynn. WHO IN THE HECK IS TADD GADDUANG? JUST WONDERING.

Jan Sollis said...

I forgot to mention that I just hope when you do your weekly running that you always take a friend with you, just sayin!!!!!!!!!!!! Love you!!!!!!!!!!!

Christine Frandsen said...

Momma Jan is a wise lady, I will be your weekly running buddy - get me to Boston. And WHO THE HECK does Tadd Gadduang think he is, waiting so long. I wish my iron levels were nice and would let me give blood, I'm proud of you for that. Look at that panaromic park picture! Bring Cortina to Boston. Sorry I hate plums. Our moms are twin dry sheet savers. I want Mike's Pastry's everyday. I got way too excited about longfellow house and thought my blog time had come for a split second until I remembered the Harpsichord. Happiest bus stop collage, how did I miss that my first time through? I still want that bag.