9.18.2012

i guess either smoke signal or email me



august began with finally snapping a picture of the cutest old man who sits and watches the cars go by each day by work and getting my very first manicure. so glad nat had a birthday so she could get a free one and then not want it (because she does that shellac stuff) and give it to meeeee.   

i was so inspired by how girly my nails were that i french braided my hair for the first time (or anyone's hair for the first time actually hahah)! i've always been really bad at most girl things so i'm just becoming more of a girl all over the place! next on my becoming a better girl list is to get my haircut more than once a year and buy more high heels and start being an avid pinterest user. kidding. 

shakespeare in the park was really great until we remembered it was shakespeare.  
booooooooooooring 

so twenty minutes into it we left and walked over to chinatown and bnotd found this taiwan cafe!! 
i was in asian heaven with my ginormous bowl of soup and pot stickers. 
(and loved being with my favorite maren and mccall)


sometimes the rain ruins our plans for days on end but that is okay because lots of rain means lots of puddles! so maren and i had a great time jumping around in them while it just poured and poured. 

and one time gravity had a fight with my face and won. 
not pictured would be my post puddle jumping run which was actually really nice 
..until mascara rain water burned my eyes off. 

the next day we headed to six flags which is about 2 hours away from boston. we were about thirty minutes ahead of the group so i whipped out my phone to see what we could see in springfield, ma since we had some time to kill. 

AND LOOK WHAT I FOUND!
who even knew there was a dr. seuss national memorial?!? 
i sure didn't and i was so happy when i realized we were only two miles away from it. 

photo proof of how much i loved this place:



yes, i made maren take a picture of me with everything and yes i felt five years old and yes it was probably my favorite part of the day. spontaneous hang out with dr. seuss was the best.


six flags was nice. i mainly appreciated our time in the waterpark when it rained really hard so we sat outside in our bathing suits and just waited patiently for it to stop.
 so many people ran to places that were covered so they wouldn't get rained on and i wanted to yell WHY ARE YOU DOING THAT? YOU ARE ALREADY WET YOU SILLY PEOPLE!


I went to berklee's school of music to see my friend's senior show and felt so happy to have noticed this sign below:

and also to take a picture of these lamp posts that i love. such pretty pink flowers hanging from all of them all over the city. 


drummer friend just drumming his life away.
 such a good show with so many talented musicians! it was nice to be at one again, just weird to see jordan (drummer friend) play and not have ryan up there too (they were in a band together once upon a time). i kept thinking about how we met two years ago in provo at their band practice and now i was at his senior show in boston two years later..funny/random how life works out sometimes.

next i would have told you about martha's vineyard but it will definitely need it's own post (or five) so get pumped for THAT

3 comments:

MareBear said...

Gravity won! Hahahaha Puddle jumping is pretty much the best thing ever. And remember how I'm ducking in that picture from the roller coaster brcause I almost died from someone's quarter? That was fun.

brynne frei said...

so happy neon was brought back to the amusement park life. and yes - gravity won comment was way awesome. miss youuuu!

Christine Frandsen said...

proud of the french braid, glad we were red skirt/white shirt/soaked twins that day, sad you hate shakespeare because one time i was lady macbeth, hot pinks 4 life, i want six flags in my life