5.15.2013

april, i'm sad you're over!


..i always really like april.
 note to self : never stick something under your arm at a store that is carrying a bag - you will walk right out of the store and not realize that you have committed theft until you are almost home. 


as part of my birthday present i made j-man come get mani/pedis with me. sadly the place was really busy and they did a terrible job so he probably will never do that again but it was still fun! 


after weeks of taking a break we went back to my favorite thai place and i think i'm getting sick of the phad thai and IT MAKES ME SO SAD. i hate when food that once brought you so much joy just makes you sick. 
and, after months and months and months of not seeing old companion sister starley she happened to be in boston for a work trip! we met up in the north end for lunch and cannoli and it was so fun to catch up with her. 

my grandpa had a 90th birthday surprise party!!! i really hate missing out on things so my dad was sweet to facetime me. sadly i forgot what time the party was and was actually on my way to go sailing so it was kind of a miracle that we even connected for a few minutes!  
i was happy to see him and be a part of his party! (kind of)

then the sailing happened after the facetime failed. thanks captain chip! or whatever your name was

seasonal mount auburn photo with the nat

and a bonus picture with sister jordan! natalie is a good person and takes the sisters out to dinner regularly and then sometimes i join her. sister jordan is a convert and has worked for gladys knight the last five years in vegas! i told her to tell gladys hello for me. 

bonus picture number two and three would be facetiming with this dear ashlie friend of mine. it was one of the happier hours of my recent life. ashlie come to boston already!

i need you to imagine me and about 10 other girls doing yoga on the grass in the picture above. sunset yoga is one of the best things that has ever happened to me and i need to figure out a way for it to happen every day. 

and look! it's my netpal! me and my homegirl sonam have been writing emails back and forth for the last few months through a program my work has with a local middle school. we got to go to their science fair and see their projects and then eat lunch with them. i got my last email from her today which included this - "I'm gonna miss reading and writing emails to your fun, excited, and always interested personality! Everyone was like, "OH MY GOSH, YOUR NETPAL IS AWESOME! SHE'S SO YOUNG AND HIP!" And I'm just like, "Yeah, I know right!" *hair flip* haha, I'm not kidding though!"

yep guys. if you want to feel good about yourself just start emailing a 7th grader.

also, can we talk about how the last few weeks of spring blossoms have been unreal? new england sure knows how to do spring and fall right with all of these trees everywhere. i've taken 4,934 pictures of them so don't worry, you'll get to experience it too.

natalie was nice to gather some gals together for a belated birthday dinner. i'll tell you something, you can really tell who has lived in utah and who hasn't just by someone's enthusiasm for texas roadhouse rolls. some people just don't get it!

and then the next night i went to A CIRCUS IN A TENT. i got there a little late and walked in as the horses were running around and i guess i looked really excited by it all because the usher was like "oh i can tell from your face that you haven't been in here yet, let me help you to your seat" haha.  i loved that it was small and intimate and i'll say it again - in a real tent. old circuses have always fascinated me so it was fun to feel like i was at one for a minute. 

and then that is the end for now because i got overwhelmed with how many photos i have of life and had to stop going through them. but when i bring myself to blog again you can look forward to weekend trips to nantucket/cape cod and brooklyn! and many blossom photos in between. 

3 comments:

brynne frei said...

*hair flip!* glad that whatever word girl didn't have any troubs seeing how cool you are! and your april looked really nice TOO

Christine Frandsen said...

sailing and sunset yoga. luckkyyyyy

a. dancepants said...

AHHHH> I MADE THE BLOG! GUEST APPEARANCE! Time for me to make lots of posts because I am there for lots of days... that would be ideal.