1.14.2013

and then all these other things happened in utah


since i had just been in utah at the beginning of october the rest of this trip was pretty low key. 

saturday was spent hanging out with my arizona brother's cute girls, cleaning out my closet (which prompted natalie to try on her old prom dress and text me that fantastic photo below), and then that night i got together with my old boston roommate maren and went to a performance on temple square. 


(merry christmas to you d.i.!)


the performance was the loveliest and so was getting to spend time with maren. we walked around afterwards and took pictures with our great (x5) grandpas, saw the lights, perused city creek, and caught up on each other's lives. everything about that night was the nicest. 






sunday activities included:
 facetiming with john (and a guest appearance by mama jan)
kim's sacrament meeting, her and emmy's musical number, and talks by everyone in her little family
 a very serious sit down with jackson about the do's and don'ts of mission life
a happy reunion with old green gables roommate suzanne
more clean out room time (not pictured)


 (i'm pretty positive this was the last time i saw this cute nephew of mine before he goes on his mission to brazil. crazy!)




monday consisted of who knows what in the morning (i really can't remember for the life of me what happened that day), celebrating kim's birthday in the afternoon (which included cuddle time with stella and letting siri in on my love life), and then kalie and melissa slumbee party fest that night.  

 


we are all grateful spencer was fine with getting kicked out for the night and for his willingness to do it in the future because this happening every time i come to utah is a must. 



tuesday i put my big girl pants on and went lingerie shopping for dantzel's bridal shower. that night we all met up and headed to rachel's house and had such a great time talking about politics, marriage, infertility, getting pregnant, getting into a home, you know - adult stuff. the only way it would have been better is if brynne and grace could have been there!

 and surprise of our lives - these gals are all pregnant! so happy for those soon to be mamas. 
(they were trying to reenact an uncomfortable photo dantzel's photographer made her and oliver do)

(i was so thrilled the mariah carey inspired lingerie was such a big hit!)

 the next morning i woke up to find my sweet mom had wrapped a bunch of presents and was planning on having a mini christmas morning with me since i wouldn't be there for the real christmas day. my parents are so thoughtful and kind to not only do that but also agree to the tree being put up since they weren't going to originally (and went to seattle for christmas). 

 after pretend christmas i went to becky's to spend a little more time with her and lilly bug before my flight. that little girl had been such a punk my whole visit but for some reason let me sit with her that day (i like to think it's because she sensed she wouldn't see me for a long time)


my last two hours in utah were spent at costa vida with my dad, kim, and her three littlest guys (+ gal). it was so nice but even as i sat there with them i missed them already. 

this time leaving was sad because i'm not quite sure when i will be in utah again but i was consoled by the beautiful view and sunset over the mountains that lasted a good hour of my first flight. sorry random business man who thought it was a good idea to sit by the window, i'm sure my staring and obsessing over it all freaked you out.. 

4 comments:

Melissa Joan said...

This post made me want a slumbee SO BAD! I love being a part of your Utah life and want you to come back ASAP. I loved your serious sit down picture with Jackson... it looks serious. And letting Siri in on your love life is a big deal!

brynne frei said...

yep. that siri pic was awes. so was this trip and that shot of the mountains from above and your green dress and d's shower!

brynne frei said...

yep. that siri pic was awes. so was this trip and that shot of the mountains from above and your green dress and d's shower!

Kalie DeMann said...

i feel so happy that my nerd goggles made an appearance. spence hates them and told me that he never wanted to be seen with me in public while i was wearing those. and also, thanks for taking that picture to show how my room used to be before i went crazy and re-did my whole house! slummmbbbeeeeee asap!!!! in boston?