3.25.2013

march firsts march firsts

firsts. did i just make that word up? it looks and sounds terrible when you say it multiple times. 

anyway. hello! and almost goodbye march. 
here is what has happened thus far during your month of time this year. 

FIRST TIME I:


1. ate real life asian ramen. you would think i would have loved it but OH TO THE CONTRARY. maybe it was just that specific place but if all ramen tastes like that then i hate it.
2. paired my wolf shirt with my galaxy pants for yoga and I (just to keep up with the all caps) WISH I COULD WEAR THAT COMBO EVERY DAY ALL DAY. the outfit paired with my wayne's world bangs just really did it for me. the conclusion to this story is that i need to invest in more galaxy pants and wolf shirts. 

3. stayed at work till 10 pm one friday night watching downton abby/waiting for john to stop being at a celtics game
(we can add in here watching downton abby in general. i swore i wouldn't watch that show and now look at me)

 4. had a mid-week shopping and dinner night with these gals 

5. (and many others) wore red lipstick
(but only because it was for a good cause)

6. went on the roof of our church/made john take a picture on the roof of our church
 (apparently people have picnics up there in the warmer months so that might need to happen this spring!) 



7. went to a season finale bachelor party 
8. played my favorite phase ten game with john. he didn't love it. 
(because i was winning)

9. said goodbye to my first nephew/niece (is there not a collective word for that/them?) for mission purposes

10. made my mom's chicken noodle soup! with mashed potatoes even!

11.  creeped my nephew's female friends instagram photos. this made me terribly uncomfortable.

12. drank herbal fruit tea (in america). i buy it for our company (to try and make them less ticked that we don't offer coffee) and my boss is obsessed with it and wants me drink it with him all the time. i think it is gross and just sneak in my apple cider because i like that/sugar way better.  
13. made origami cranes! and i'm going to continue making them until i am the best crane maker in the world because this is my asian dream. 

 14. went with my roommate briana to a free jazz concert in the north end (little italy). it was not only nice because of the music but also because it was at the old north church!  which made it historically nice too. 

 also worth noting - we were the only people our age there which made it triple nice.
( we all sat in those sweet pews - you could barely see people's heads over them haha)


15. j-man got his CPA license!! that guy just gets it done
16. actually had healthy food catered for a work lunch last week. i usually get pizza at a nearby restaurant but have hit my pizza capacity and can't actually order it ever again.  everyone felt so happy to put vegetables in their bodies instead of one million carbs! i'll have to keep this fact in mind for future events. 

16. had a photobooth session with myself (first time of 2013 - most definitely not the first time ever) and remembered why it wasn't a big deal that i never had friends growing up. who needs friends when you can entertain yourself? 

17. this was boston on the first day of spring. snow you are pretty but my gosh, go away! 

18. sat next to someone while eating a dinner for two. 
i strategically sat facing the television in the restaurant because i didn't want john staring at it the whole time but as you can see from above my head he could still see the reflection of it. at this point i knew i could be ticked or embrace the moment. i knew the first choice is sad for everyone so i suggested he come sit by me and we watch the game during dinner. we pretended to be embarrassed but i think we both secretly loved it and it was way nicer to have him next to me than across the table. basketball might serve a purpose after all!


5 comments:

Christine Frandsen said...

what a good march you've had! congrats to john on the the license... congrats to you on being the only person i know who can pull off wolf/galaxy time.

brynne frei said...

look at all of those nice firsts in the month of march! boston has been so good to you this month.

Christine Frandsen said...

ps red lips are good for you. bad for me (paul reminds me of that fact anytime i mention anything relating to lipstick)

Kalie DeMann said...

I NEED THAT WOLF SHIRT!!!!!! ASAP! ON MY BODY! why is john's hair the longest? also, spencer and i always sit next to each other when we are out to eat. it's the only way to go on a date. i just like to be close.

a. dancepants said...

this is my favorite post ever. Galaxy pants! (totally had a pair that maybe got stolen) Wolf Shirt! (I saw the worst wolf shirt recently and this has redeemed wolf shirts) Red lips! (you should do this for the good cause of "you look amazing" more often) SO MANY OTHER THINGS! (especially the pews with heads barely seen over them)