3.17.2013

one time i bought a ticket to utah


..and then i was on a plane 12 hours later hahaha

basically my sister kim called me tuesday night to tell me they found out scott could adopt kaitlynn and karter and it would be happening thursday morning (in less than two days). she then reminded me that they would be going to our cabin to celebrate the twins birthday, seattle sister natalie would be flying in on friday, our niece would come down from byu-i if i flew in, and our nephew jackson's farewell was sunday. 

i already had been feeling so sad about my decision to not go home (since i was gone so much of january i was nervous to ask for more time off) and now with this new turn of events i looked up flights, called my supervisor to get her okay, and had booked a flight within the hour. my flight was double what it would have been if i had got it back in january but dang it  i wanted to be with my family so i just didn't care!!!

within minutes of my arrival sister kim decided i need to experience what my sisters call "the junk store". i can't actually remember what the real name was but it really was just a bunch of junk. since i was there i felt compelled to buy some of the junk and then regretted it minutes later.

that first day was pretty low key, i can't remember doing much of anything and i didn't take any pictures (which is usually how i remember what has happened in my life) so we will just move on to day two.  


thursday morning found us waiting in a judge's office at the courthouse downtown. this picture above is my favorite because you can see how happy little kamden is to be taking pictures of himself. 

after some legal documents were signed and kind things were said to scott for doing something he really didn't have to do, kaitlynn and karter became official moysh's! it was a special experience that i'm very glad i did not miss. 



afterwards we all went to breakfast together and i got to sit at the end of the table with these boys. 

me: "korbin, why does kamden have spoons and you have knives? that doesn't seem very fair"
korbin : "well kamden is the good guy and i'm the bad guy"

..i also have this moment on video if you are interested

that afternoon we headed up to our beloved cabin and lucky for us it was covered in snow!! 


we celebrated kaitlynn and karter's birthday in true kim fashion with balloons and streamers and banners everywhere. we ate a delicious dinner, watched the twins open their presents, and then watched their most recent favorite show "here comes the boom". 



so many stripes

(i forgot to mention another reason why i needed to go home. STELLA)



friday afternoon we headed to soldier hollow for some serious tubing. 
it brought back sweet sweet memories of this day

i loved being with happy kamden and his tiny tube! 

things got really wild when a worker let all four of us go down together. 

kamden decided to entertain everyone in line with his snow angel making skills

i don't know why it took me 25 years to go to do that, if i ever move back to utah it will definitely be done every winter. we had so much fun and i'm happy kim is a good mom/sister and made it happen!

 kim and i went through provo canyon to pick up our niece mickayla so we could spend some time with her. i was so happy to drive through that thing! it had been over a year since doing so and i was reminded at how much i love it. it had also been over a year since i last saw mickayla so i'm glad she could join us!


spending time with these kids was the loveliest. 

friday night was dedicated to some papa tom bingo. 
that bingo wheel is probably best thing our family has ever purchased! i highly recommend it to one and all. 

when you are a twin in the moysh family you actually get two birthdays so thursday night karter had better than tractor (as my grandpa calls it) cake and friday night kaitlynn got a boston cream pie cake. being a twin probably isn't all that bad with this kind of set up!

i spent some time with my grandma emmy and grandpa "sollie". 
sollie (as everyone called him) passed away when my father was nine so i never had the chance to meet him. isn't he so handsome? he seems to have such kind eyes and my father's mouth (or more accurately said my father has his mouth). my sweet grandmother never even went on a date after he died and stayed true to him the almost 50 years she was on the earth without him! she is an angel and i'm blessed to have her strong and faithful example in my life. 

saturday morning we decided to leave a few hours earlier than we had planned because a storm was rolling in and we didn't want to get stuck in the canyon (if jackson's farewell wasn't the next day i don't think any of us would have minded!). it had already started to snow so our drive through midway and back down through parley's was beautiful. although short, it was a perfect few days at the cabin. my sudden and rather expensive trip to utah already felt so worth it at this point and it wasn't even halfway over! 

4 comments:

Christine Frandsen said...

if you want to switch beanies you can borrow my snowflakes if i can borrow your blue and white! sledding looks so fun and i'm jealous of all the snow and mountains.
I also love those birthday candle picturs and I wish I was a twin because I love cake.
Last but not least, Stella! So cute!

brynne frei said...

yayay so magicalll!

Melissa Joan said...

I loved Utah part 1 but I'm dying for Utah part 2! SLUUUUUUUUMBEEEEEE!!!

a. dancepants said...

I am interested in the video. You have my email address. THANKS.