1.24.2011

happy birthday mlk.

to celebrate we went to my cabin in midway.

the drive through provo canyon was an absolute delight!

I had never driven by myself before 
(or drove at all somehow)
so this is how i felt when i didn't even get lost. big success!
another big success was this banana chair game i made up to make my nephews like me. 
and they did! it was a cabin miracle.
we got in touch with our childhood and played hotels. 
anyone even heard of it before?? it's a classic.
 and then i decided to capture this moment in time in case they ever disappear: 
our cabin mugs
(mine and kim's are my favorite)
 
the tots kept loving the banana chairs and laid under/on top/over them and had a bolt/toy story 3 marathon alllll weekend long.
the bigger kids had quite the time sledding outside 
(and i had quite the time photographing it)





it was a relaxing weekend,
thanks to you mlk.

4 comments:

Becky said...

Banana chairs are the best...so are the mugs--I think you missed out on the "pop shop" soda we used to fill them with--pop shop was the best too!

brynne frei said...

google reader didn't even tell me this happened! but i checked because of our phone conversation. i miss that cab so much! provo canyon is such a dream! i love it. and you. and this post.

Ashley Kay said...

you did it!!!! you made the pictures all together! you'll need to teach me!!

Christine Frandsen said...

mmmm.. provo canyon. miss that guy.

also- thanks so much for your passport story sympathy- i haven't gotten the real deal back in the mail yet, but i'm pretty much expecting the worse, so i appreciate your empathy. :)

ps. i'll work on getting some utah pics up, but i'm kind of retarded and didn't take too many...
darn it all. but i'll check!