3.22.2011

please don't tell my face

 that it is losing it's sidekick today.

glasses and i have been together (by force) for over 8 months now and previous to that i've worn them
(at my leisure) since 5th grade.
i didn't want it to come to this but it is time for us to break up.

today. 2:45 pm. 
i'm getting new eyes.

i thought i wouldn't feel sad at all but i kind of do. as much as i haven't liked these guys on my face all the time they have been through everything with me. i've wanted lasik for years and now that the time has come i feel really nervous and kind of vain. and crazy for spending so much money on my face? (that is where the vain part comes in). and i feel scared that since my eyes are so sensitive something crazy will happen and i will be the first person to ever go blind. or something more reasonable, get permanent dry eye and have to put eye drops in my eyes every 15 minutes for the rest of my life. change is rough, even when you have looked forward to it for so long. i guess i can just buy fake glasses if i miss them that much (which i already know i will) and this way i can have a variety because they won't cost so much. annnnnd i can wear my beloved sunglasses again! so really this will be great in so many ways but glasses, we had a good run. thanks for being there for me when contacts failed me. 
i've appreciated you assisting me in seeing the world. 

it's not you, it's me.

4 comments:

brynne frei said...

that side kick has been real good to you. and those earrings in your photo are great toooo! i want to see that outfit in real life. best of luck in the surg!

Unknown said...

hope the surgery goes well!! lasik is the best decision i ever made.

KaycieQ said...

let me know how it goes!!!

Unknown said...

When I first started reading this I thought it was related to crazy eye infection of the summer. Good luck