2.20.2012

sisters weekend : day five

look at me just cranking these posts out like its nobody's business!

so it turns out the way you heat homes on the east is different than on the west and there are these oil tanks or gas tanks or something that you have to fill up and maybe ours was empty in my house hence the freezingness and sadness of sisters? so my roommate called sunday night to inform me it was completely empty so there was no heat and they could see their breath in the house so it might be a good idea to not come home haha. they were all thrilled to spend another night in a heated home so instead we just got up bright and early and took the commuter rail back to my house. 


wiiiiiith all of our stuff haha. we looked pretty awesome on that commuter rail. oh and then subway. and then bus. (doesn't coming to visit me sound fun?)

after miraculously getting back to my house, packing up everything, and getting to grace and dave's before 9:45 to drop their luggage off i took them to my favorite cambridge commons park!
and it was a little bit colder today than the other days if you couldn't tell..

then i took them to the public library and back to that cute store with the carol burnett lady because becky couldn't stop thinking about vera bradley. 

then these troopers took their very last subway ride. 

and we ate at another triple d stop, mr. bartley's

i don't even really like hamburgers but i got that one on the right and almost ate all of it and didn't feel too sick afterwards! don't know if it was quite worth the hype but just their menu alone was amusing enough for me to want to go back

then i tried to get a picture with the four of us in it.
 tricia was very diligent with her facebook check-ins, as i have mentioned before and as some of you probably saw on your newsfeed. i would say that face is a mix of the sollis scowl and some serious concentration. i could also say a lot of other things since she admitted to not ever reading anything i write on this blog but rather just looks at the pictures buuuut i'll refrain. 

we went to the harvard coop where we found a book on tricia's new favorite topic, a book that i could see my dad writing, and this man that was passed out and wouldn't even wake up when the lady who worked there started banging on the table and saying "sir! sir! SIR WAKE UP". 

and after that eventful stop the trip was concluded with a quick look around harvard campus. 

and luckily grace was flying in as they were flying out so dave was nice and not only gave us a ride to the airport but took one last sister picture before we said goodbye. 

it was so fun having my sisters come out! it was really weird to become a tour guide after being here just a few short weeks but it was some good practice for next time when the other three come! and my parents of course. and really anyone else that wants to come be my friend. go boston!

3 comments:

Becky said...

Such a great trip Megan! I loved everything about it! Thanks for moving to Boston :)

Jan Sollis said...

Can I just tell you how happy it makes me that you and your sisters like to blog? I lived every bit of that 4 days through your blog. It was my kind of weather too. haha Kind of glad I didn't make it on this trip, I would have gained 20 lbs. with all that wonderful looking food. But then you all walked it all off, right?

Natalie said...

Just had the best time ever reading all these posts and getting a great laugh...can I just say how much I love super prepared Mindy! I need her to go on vacations with me! I LOVED everything about your trip and all those fabulous bonding moment stories you made!!!