5.23.2011

seattle: sisters fest!

so like i said i got to be with all of my sisters (and parents) for the first time in ten years!

happiest few days ever.


before we picked becky up from the airport we decided to
do a session at the seattle temple.
it was such a pretty day!




tricia and i were so happy to be reunited! 

Hey there is becky! 
we decided to go to this little ma and pa diner for lunch and it was delicious

(so happy they let me go into salvation army for a few minutes!
 thrifted gems for half off  = the besttt)

after changing we headed down to downtown seattle for a little tofw!

dad was so (??) to be there too!
(don't actually know what that expression means but i like it)

ps. this photo is funny to me.
dad is just being a head above the rest!

i was obsessed with this lady!

and this guy.

dream fulfilled = sitting with all my sisters listening to michael mclean live. 
i never knew when i was little and they were listening to their tapes of his music 
or we would watch his video that this day could ever happen! 
i love my 80's mormon celebs. so much.

day one of tofw was real nice! not pictured would be john bytheway, 
who also spoke and did a fine job. 

getting ready to leave for day two! 

becky loved it so much she decided to match the color scheme

complimentary bags!

and babies!

so so so many green and purple bags

sack luuuunch

oh just outside the window, bein so nice and seattley
(little did i know this was the last day i would see the sun for a good two weeks)

i'm not the hugest fan of this mercy river mormon singing group 
but i laughed real good when they sang dora the explorer and 
made up their own words to nsync's "bye bye bye" to 
describe the happenings of putting kids to bed.

i really do have a special place in my heart for good, clean, mormon humor.

the speakers on saturday were so good too!
i was pretty skeptical about the whole tofw thing and thought
it would just be efy for adult women (and dad) but 
i really enjoyed it. 

(you gals should go with your sisters! it was a delightful time)

(outside my window on the way back home. isn't seattle so pretty?)

after tofw we went to outback and then came home and i made 
one of the many batches of scotcheroos that occurred that weekend. 
have you had them? they are my fave. 

anyway.

as a special treat for my sisters i thought i would add this..

i like to call this willow tree set that i put together myself saw at the mall
"sister wives"

whoops that it is 3 am!
i'll blog about the sunday and monday part of sister trip soon.


7 comments:

brynne frei said...

sisters are the greatest and i love that i get to see seattle now! bnotd!

a. dancepants said...

i loved everything about this post except that it happened AFTER I creeped your blog last night...

Natalie said...

loved every minute of this post and all the time we spent together!

Kelly Jean said...

How funnnn!!! Sister fests are the best(s) ;) (no, but really, they're so fun!) That sister-treat at the end? Haha. To. Die. For. :)

Jan Sollis said...

Loved everything about this and can't wait for chapter two!!!!!

Anonymous said...

LOVED this post! You are the best! I will probably steal some of these pics. You see things in such a different way than anyone I know. And that is why you are a great photographer! Love you Megan and I loved sister fest! Oh and I loved the sister wives post too! I almost peed my pants laughing! Tricia

Anonymous said...

One more thing...love the first picture! I don't know how photo shopped it is, I still love it! Tricia