7.08.2011

bridal veil falls : i really did.

so after working the mission presidents seminar all day we decided to run to my friend's reception from efy. not so much to see her (i accidentally didn't even say hello. the line was so long!) but to actually see this girl:


jan! 
(orem was a lot closer than idaho falls so it was definitely worth going to see her)
and thanks to her for blogging this moment so i could steal these photos.

after that we headed up to bridal veils to double with 
nik and [insert name of love interest for the day]

their couple picture
(sometimes reducing red eye just doesn't work out as you would hope)

ours. haha

i really don't know if this video will work. it portrays how thrilled we were about the falls.

afterwards we headed to the [insert name of sno shack] by j dawgs and found something really nice! i am always a tigers blood girl at heart but we branched out and got blackberry (or some time of berry) daiquiri with cream. it was so good we had to actually buy another one and eat it. i'm so grateful ryan supports my obsession with shaved ice!

since it got dark so fast we decided to go back the next morning.
we just couldn't get enough! 

we remembered we hadn't eaten so we stopped at j dawgs
(thank goodness for that delicious sauce or i would still hate hot dogs)

ps i can read what that says above. boo-yah 


ryan loves his crunch!

we then headed into the baby store next to the yogurt place (i really should know what it is called since my roommate works there) because i wanted treats. while searching for the perfect treat we stumbled across this cereal and i almost barfed. does it not look like the sickest?

anyway! so happy to be back at the falls!

this time we actually used a trail so it wasn't as dangerous or stressful. 
(or so i thought)
where is my chin?

ah they are so great up close!  i don't know why i had no idea, probably because i would drive by and think they looked too baby to be cool so i never really cared to get close let alone hike up to it. 
but really, breathtaking. 

so of course i wanted a picture. 
pay attention to the large slippery rock to the left of my left arm.

i got what i wanted (thank you ryan) and proceeded to head back down. about that moment i realized all the water sounds made me have to pee so i went down the rocks slightly faster than i normally would have.

this was a fatal mistake.


remember the large slippery rock to the left of my left arm i told you to remember? well. i definitely slipped on it and somehow fell so that my legs broke my fall. i looked down and blood was just gushing out of my leg which was sad but didn't really bother me too much. then i looked down at my arm and saw my jade bracelet that i have worn (and not taken off because to this day i still don't know how li mama got it on my wrist to begin with) and it was BROKEN. at the sight of this i cried. not when i saw a chunk of my leg was torn off but when i saw a chunk of my bracelet was no longer there.

see? look how sad. i felt so so sad. especially since i told ryan like thirty minutes earlier how i need to be careful around so many rocks and he told me i shouldn't worry because there is no way it would break haha. BUT i am very grateful it didn't completely break off and ryan found the piece that broke off so perhaps it can be fixed. and with the cut on my wrist where it broke off i'm grateful my bracelet broke ..and not my wrist.

at this point i was still obsessed with the falls and ryan kept telling me we needed to head back down but i just wanted to still enjoy the falls! so he helped me climb to a little ridge/rock place and we continued to enjoy the view for a good hour or so. 


and what a view it was! 
it was a little uncomfortable but definitely worth it.

now this was about two weeks ago so everything is healing up nicely. 

but both knees and legs are definitely very bruised and i could barely walk without being in intense pain for a few days. today is the first day i've worn pants and they are still a little tight because my legs love being swollen. i guess skinny jeans didn't think about swollen legs or else they wouldn't be so skinny. and who even knew a rock could do so much damage? not me. but it was definitely worth the nice time in nature aaaaand helped me see how helpful those awful chaco shoes could be in situations like this. slowly but surely i'm warming up to those things.

2 comments:

Kelly Jean said...

I just love you two :)

Bummer about your bracelet! Ugh, that's the worst. Glad no bones were broken, though!

Christine Frandsen said...

i hated hot dogs till jdawgs too. sauce, yum!

your legs look so sad! ow!

chacos are awesome, but don't worry, i crashed way bad in mine last year, so don't think they are accident proof. :) great arch support though, haha.

one more thing i was going to say... oh ya- perfect hairs in that first picture :)

(ps after 11 pm i stop using the shift key, hence no caps, sorry, but not sorry)