10.27.2011

california: if you went on a walk with me you would have seen these things

while brynne was at work and tanner was at school i went with his little brother, sister, and cousin to venice beach. they wanted to relax, lay out, and read books. i, on the other hand, wanted to go find the canals since brynne had raved about how great they were.

so i took a picture of these cute ladies

and took a few more photos of birds
and maddi
and then i took off for my venice adventure!
so happy i saw the world's smallest front yard. guess i can check that one off my bucket list!
and it wouldn't be a venice adventure without seeing one of these vw beauties
or this very festive mexican restaurant

eventually a nice surfer told me how to get to the canals and it was so good that i went by myself because if ryan was there he would have killed me for how many times i stopped to take pictures. ok, he wouldn't have killed me but it would have been annoying for suuuure.  it was nice to just walk around and take as much time as i wanted! they really were everything i imagined them to be and would like to share with you some of my favorite parts now.  


i liked everything about this house
and this cute bird feeder!
caterpillar!
i need to live here one day.


gimme those plates
"woahhhh i guess you just got some surfers in your picture!"
it is funny when people don't realize i'm taking pictures on purpose.

aren't those hanging glass things nice?


sometimes i wish utah had placeswhereitisalwaysniceweather type trees


my bff again!
and these guys again. seriously, i was speechless.

so many animal friends!
the only nice thing about taking pictures in direct sunlight = reflections

finally a bird that isn't a seagull!

a little asian flare


luckiest babies
aaaand that concludes my walk through the canals.
heading back to frei fam i saw the canadian film crew set up for the day
and shortly after this photo was taken something bit me in the sand. 
it hurt way bad and i was rather nervous it might turn fatal.

tomorrow i will blog about part dos of my venice adventure!
this is all very exciting.


2 comments:

brynne frei said...

i'm so sad i missed out on this walk but soo so glad it lived up to the hype! great photos, gf.

Christine Frandsen said...

When did all these posts happen? So much commenting to catch up on. Lets see what I can remember to say: You take nice pictures and the surfers made me laugh and I like both the caterpillars. How you got to board Jet Blue was so cool! Lucky duck!

I'm sad snow cone season is over - they are my favorites but we don't even have them out here so I binged on them while I was in Utah.

I still love your green coat as much as ever.


annndddd... congrats on 200+ posts!