10.11.2011

disneyrrrrraaand twenty ten

HEY GUYS I'M GOING TO DISNEYLAND AGAIN NEXT WEEK!

that is right. this time next week i will be at this place again. i jokingly asked my brother to take me with him and his family one day and then all of the sudden i booked a flight and blam!
i'm really going! 
something else that is exciting = i am going a few days early to be with
so as i was getting excited about this i realized i went to disneyland right after i got home from my mission and never blogged about it (like i didn't blog about a lot of things. it was a weird time). i just went back through my posts to check and somehow i didn't even mention it. how am i so lame? it was such a great time! except i was way mad to be in america and hated my life. anyway. so as i looked through disneyland 2010 photos they filled me with such joy! and sadness because i looked better a year and a half ago than i do now but lets not dwell on that. so i decided to share some (again, i use that term loosely) with you in preparation for the loads of others that will make their appearance on this blog soon!

so let's get this party started.
i drove there with my sister becky and her family which was a treat since i hadn't really been around them for 18 months.
 we delayed our arrival for a few hours so we could attend the beautiful las vegas temple.
weird that i have such old nieces and nephews? i say yes.

then i spent some quality time with my other sister kim and her family at the beach.
you like that we found a big stick and took this picture. admit it.



cutest baby in a stroller on the beach ever award
 i love my babes

i hadn't been to a beach since my first area in my mission or even touched water forever because of the whole missionary thing so..this should go without saying but i was in heaven.

now let the plethora of disneyland photos begin!

i love the planning that goes into theme park-ing
this is that nice brother i'm going to disneyland with!
and those nice parents i'm going with too
let's re-create this photo next week
right after this picture was taken i thought it would be fun to shatter my knee (not really but it felt like it) getting off the ride and all my dreams of keeping up my mission runs (which happened every other day) and not limping the rest of the trip were ruined. it was sad.
brother and sister
est. 1992
oldest neph jackson. there will be more on this guy laterrr
the cute litte one in the front, emma lee, had all her dreams come true with taking a picture with lightning mcqueen. seriously. never seen a little girl so obsessed with anything in my life. 


i think i pretended to be a good sport and go to this hsm 3 performance with my nieces but let's be honest, i really wanted to go.
the conines everybody! danial is pretty much a professional toy collector, so if you want to get the most out of your money when shoving as many mr. potato head accessories into the giant mr. potato head then you should probably bring him to do it for you.

dakota loooooooooved that


it rained quite a bit
which made it so no one else wanted to be in the park, so that was lucky
except for this guy who just threw a poncho on his kid and then his monkey leash over it

and i was able to take this picture of my niece which i liked.
so we were okay with the rain.

like father like son.

we  made our way over to get some dinner that night but didn't want our shoes to get wet so we adorned ourselves with our mom's shoes. you need any type of clog? she's got you.
the next day was bright and sunny! within the first five minutes i took pictures with some of my favorite people. mickey, eeyore, and..
asians from china!
being able to see people that weren't white was a definite tender mercy at that moment in my life and made me feel at home. while we are on that subject, coming back from taiwan was seriously so weird because everyone was white! i didn't realize i had gotten so used to being the only one. luckily disneyland is swarming with asians so i would just creep them the whole time and talk to them in chinese but realized i didn't actually know how to talk about anything besides the church so our conversations would usually end awkwardly haha

walt loves the ball! i got bored.

amd we loved the fairy godmother, especially cardston
kamden loved this sucker for probably a good hour
maybe my two favorite pictures of the trip.


the moysh family everybody.
i have the cutest nieces
nice dad.
nice mom and bo.


aaaaand yes, if you didn't already gather from the other pictures - we are that family.

gosh guys wasn't that fun!
blogging about things that happened forever ago is the besssssst

8 comments:

Jan Sollis said...

I loved every single picture and yes it is fun to blog about things that happened years ago. I want to set the record straight though about my shoes. The reason you and Kim wanted to wear my shoes was because your shoes were soaking wet and you wanted dry ones. End of story and yes you are very welcome.:o)

Kimmy said...

Mom, you are so right, that is how I remembered the story, ha! Megan, loved this blog, pretty sure I have Disney Fever way bad. Loved all the pics, but most of all, I love your comments!! Love you!!

Natalie said...

How can I not comment seeing that 2 of my favorite people commented and another favorite posted it! I'm just putting it out there that Rob must love you more...I am an option...but no he didn't ask me to go with him to the happiest place on earth! Bitter. YES. I need Disneyland back in my life. Thanks for posting the best family vaca ever!

Becky said...

Question: Why do you hate your oldest sister? You have almost no pictures of me and my family and we were there the whole time :) It was a fabulous vacation and those shirts were awesome

Christine Frandsen said...

How lucky that you get to go again and again and again! Disneyland is so great and your family looks "incredible!" haha! So many great nieces and nephews, I love it. PS you look nice with dark hair, but I'll have disagree with you and say that you are looking top notch right now.

brynne frei said...

the last picture is def def def my fave. whole family + you in your minnie mouse ears. two more daaayys!!

his little lady said...

oh my gosh, all of these pictures are hilarious and just look like so much fun!! i'm especially lovin' all the incredibles t-shirts!!
xo TJ

kylee said...

disneyland again?! pack me in your bag please. love that place. plus it's so fun this time of year with all the haloween decorations and the nightmare before christmas ride. alsooo the fact that you are the only ones in that tower of terror picture makes me so happy. we've had a rainy day in the park before too and it really is the best because nobody is willing to brave the rain.