10.04.2011

dear children if i ever have any,

i rode my bicycle to a few places a few weeks ago for you.
this is where i went to elementary.
 and where i learned about oregon, penguins, and how to play mash.
(and where i dragged gregorio cordova's coat in the mud because he called me his [insert derogatory term here] and i was not fine with that. but that is a story for another day)
this is where i stood at 24 years of age by my old elementary.
this is where grandma would pick me up and where i accidentally got in the wrong vehicle one time because it looked just like grandma's.
this is where i would cross the street everyday.

this is the cop that made everyone stop so i could cross the street ten years later.
this is the short cut i would take to get to junior high and where i cried after the crush of my young life logan didn't ask me to dance

and this is the field behind the junior high where i would pretend to do stuff during PE class.

love,
mom?




3 comments:

brynne frei said...

ha
ha
ha
ha
ha
ha
ha
ha

fill in the gaps between those lines because that's how much i loved this. the pictures, the memories and most of all ending with "mom?"

so good.

Jan Sollis said...

Your kids are going to just love it that you loved them so much, even before they were born to document this time in your life! Best laugh I have had in a long time, I remember that word that that naughty boy called you. And you said I never listen, hehe.

Kimmy said...

OH MY GOSH I AM CRYING OF LAUGHTER. YOU my dear sister might just be the funniest person I know. LOVE LOVE LOVE this. Love the part about you getting in the wrong car, OH GOOD TIMES! Thanks for the laugh sister. LOVE YOU.